WHO WE ARE
WAPE is a non-profit company limited by guarantee. The organization was founded in 2008 to respond to the unfortunate events resulting from the post-poll chaos of 2007/2008. The organization worked under the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK) with the funding of Tearfund-UK until the year 2012, when WAPE was registered. We started the work within the then Rift Valley province, especially the hot spots of inter-ethnic conflicts. WAPE operates within four clusters namely Nakuru, Kericho, Eldoret, and Kitale. WAPE’s head office is in Nakuru. WAPE mandate has gone beyond counties within the former Rift Valley province, and now has an operation in Moyale, Marsabit, Isiolo, and Nairobi through partner organizations such as ACK Diocese of Mount Kenya East and St. John’s Community Center.
- Fear and honor of God: WAPE will strive to promote the supremacy of God in all its endeavors.
- Community participation: WAPE will engage beneficiary communities in the decision-making process on matters touching on them for ownership and hence sustainability
- Care for the needy: WAPE will act out the compassion of Christ and His mission, by caring for the disadvantaged and vulnerable members of the society
- Transparency and accountability: WAPE will conduct all its business with openness, with each member taking full responsibility for their actions. All actions must be the most reasonable and most efficient.
- Professionalism: WAPE aims at upholding set professional standards in various fields of its engagement
- Teamwork: WAPE will seek to promote teamwork, for a better overall output. Team members will be required to consider colleagues better than themselves, uphold each other in private and in public.
A healed and United Kenyan Church, working towards a reconciled nation
To Conduct Capacity Building Training On Peace, Socio-economic Development And Psycho-social Support to Christian Based Institutions And Reconciliation Workers